Wednesday, August 3, 2011

8 Things I Learned This Week

So, this week I learned some interesting information.  Information I wouldn't consider highly intelligent, however very entertaining.  Here are 8 bits of said information.

1.  When you are considered the "nice" manager and you suddenly have to grow a set and tell your employees "You guys really need to stop shit chatting.  I don't know if you're aware but there are 26 boxes of shipment in the back that HAVE to get processed TODAY.  There's no time for socializing today," no matter what tone is used, you might as well have said, "Hey assholes.  Shut the fuck up and get to work because I'm not doing this shit all by myself," because that's the attitude response you get in return.

2. If you leave a buffalo chicken wrap on the arm of the couch and walk away, Maddie will eat it.  And then, when you do it again 4 days later, Maddie will in fact, eat it again. 

3.  Maddie prefers her kibble with a Tbsp of buffalo sauce and 2Tbsp of ranch dressing.

4. When you are in the shower on a Wednesday night around 9pm, and the fireworks at Mohegan Sun begin, it not only sounds like someone put a pair of work boots in the dryer, but it will also scare the crap out of you.

5. Neighbor C's house has been surprisingly quiet lately...its because http://www.jud2.ct.gov/crdockets/CaseDetail.aspx?source=Pending&Key=94b246ce-1d78-4ae8-a0f8-970056ab266f   Just FYI.

6. If you've ever had DCF called on you, you know that it sucks.  If you have nothing to hide its not bad because you know you're in the right.  Its just a pain in the ass.  If you've ever had to report someone to DCF you know that it is just a nerve wracking because as the reporter, you're not always kept in the loop.  If you've ever had to call DCF on a family member, you might as well pour the liquor while you're on the phone with them because you feel like an ass and an ogre the whole time....even if you know its the right thing to do.  I understand now the conflict it leaves you with when you are the caller.....

7. Assholes seem to flock to me.  The other day Lil and I stopped in Stop & Shop for a few items and a lady, quite intoxicated, kept hitting me on the arm behind me in line telling me to "hurryitup lady.  I gotta be paces."  Sure lady.  I'll step it up if you sober up.  Deal?

8. Finally, the saying "when the cats are away the mice will play" has never rung more true.  Lilly knows damn well she's only allowed to text so many times and make so many phone calls.  She also knows she is supposed to be in bed between 7:30 and 8:30 depending on both that day's activities and tomorrow's.  She called me just a few minutes ago....from Mimi's house...neither Mimi nor Grandpa knew she was up much less on the phone.....grrrr.....

That's all I have for tonight.  I made "Jam Surprise muffins" tonight because Gram wanted a jelly donut.  This was a close as I could get on short notice.  I'm going to go eat 2.....goodnight.

No comments:

Post a Comment