Saturday, November 5, 2011

Happy Halloween

This year was one of the first years that Lilly and I went trick-or-treating in Gram's neighborhood.  I was a little disappointed when while we were out, I discovered that a) so few people were out with us, b) so few people were handing out candy, and c) that Neighbor C was out...with her children...and their children...whom we ran into.  Here's a tidbit of our conversation:

Me: Oh, hi there.  Having fun?
NC: You could say that.  Just out wit the grand kids.
Me: That's fun!
NC: Only 4 more years with mine and then the neighborhood will be quiet.
Me: Are you guys moving? I'm confused.
MC: No.  My youngest turns 18 in four years and then all my kids will be out. Finally. I can't fuckin' take much of their shit anymore.  (In front of Lilly)
Me: Oh...well...good luck with that...we're going to go get more candy.

Keep in mind, we looked like this:
Lilly is a punk rocker 80's pop star..I am the queen.
(Actually, when a friend asked and there were no children around, I was the effin' queen LOL)

HAPPY HALLOWEEN!!

1 comment:

  1. That neighborhood used to be rocking when I was a kid. Sad to hear that it seems to have changed.

    ReplyDelete