Monday, April 4, 2011

MEANEST MOM EVER!

Ahhh parenthood.  The joy it brings to...oh please...this parenting stuff is HARD WORK!  And sometimes, I feel like the harder I try to be "a good parent", the more difficult my child gets.  Take for instance, last Saturday.  I picked Lilly up from Cait's only to learn that Lilly was, in essence, PMSing, and was bitchy as all get out.  Great.  So this continued all evening and into Sunday.  Well, I repeatedly have to ask Lilly to do very complicated tasks such as brush your teeth, pick up your dirty laundry, take a shower....get dressed into CLEAN clothes (I swear sometimes she's a boy).  So, Sunday I repeat myself again, only to discover that because she was too involved in a highly educational episode of SpongeBob, she missed the tag of "We're going to the dog park, put on the play clothes I put out for you," and comes dressed to the nines....wearing the dame undershirt and underpants she had on the night before.  Her hair wasn't combed, and her boots, were just that, boots, not her play sneakers.  So I sent her BACK to her room to start over.  Much commotion and tears later, she's ready to go and I am mean.  Well, this pissed me right the frig off so, being the mean mom that I am, took away the computer, DSi, and TV for a week, called Cait and said none of those things could be used at her house either, and was done with it.  (THIS DID NOT, I repeat, DID NOT, go over well). 

Fast forward to yesterday.  Its Sunday, its sunny, its 56 degrees outside.  We're going out.  Well, all she did was bitch and moan about how "its too bright" and she "didn't even have shades on" and all she wanted to do was "play in my room away from you".....well,this again, ticked me off, so the more she complained, the longer we stayed out.  Two hours later, I decide its lunch time so we can go in - BUT, we need to shower.  "Are you serious Mama?  I hate taking showers.  I took one yesterday!" (before playing outside Saturday night and today).  Just get in the dang shower Lilly.  This branded me "THE MEANEST MOM EVER" title.  One I wear with pride.  If I'm the meanest mom ever because I made you play outside in the sunshine and made you take a shower before feeding you lunch, call DCF and be done with it. 

The kicker is that 4 hours later, I'm being told I'm so awesome because apparently I agreed to throw a birthday party for Kristen Stewart this Saturday.  Yes.  An actress.  That we don't know.  Because Lilly is obsessed with her this month and read alllllll about her in TigerBeat Magazine.  She spent about an hour with my mom at her store yesterday and came home with Twilight themed paper goods and everything.  Also, I will be preparing Miss Stewart's favorites for this party..........which will consist of myself, my 65 year-old mother, and Lilly, in attendance.  But I'm the meanest mom ever right????  

UGH.  The joys of parenting    :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment