Wednesday, June 8, 2011

8 Things Your Child Says or Does that You Know He/She Got From You

In keeping with my weekly "8 Things" posts regarding Lilly, her "isms", and being 8 years old, I bring you: 8 Things Your Child Says or Does that You KNOW He/She Got From You.

1) Lilly asked why I had wrinkly pants, I told her, "I'm too lazy to iron them maybe, I don't know".  When asked why she had dirty laundry on the floor and not in the hamper several hours later she replied, "Maybe because I'm too lazy to throw them in the hamper, I don't know."

2) While watching the littles the other night, Em told a little white lie about showering - Lilly looked at her, cocked her head, and asked, "Really Em?  Really?"

3) While walking from the car to the house after school, she tripped dropping her backpack, drink, and cell phone (We'll discuss that later, its not important right now).  She threw her hands and face in the air and growls, "Ugh!  Seriously? I just wanna get in the house!"

4) Put on any form of music and watch my child dance...then watch me....same same. But, its not this bad:

5)  ....I forgot what I was saying......Juuuusssttt liiiikkkkeeee Lilly does......

6) "Yes Mama, I'll eat that if you pack it in my lunch. I promise."............6 hours later, "Lilly, why didn't you eat the ____?"  "I don't like that."   ((Same week Gram asked what I wanted on my sandwich - tomatoes?, sure.  I picked them off.  Gram asked "Why didn't you eat the tomatoes?"  I don't like them.))

7) Lilly has more "boyfriends" than she does "girlfriends".  I honestly have NO IDEA where she got that.......eh hm......ahhhh.....moving on......

8) Everyone knows my dog's behavior isn't perfect.....well, so does Lilly.  When the dog kept jumping on and off the bed and then finally knocked her jaw on the edge of the bed, Lilly looked at her and said, "Well, numb nuts, that's what ya get."

And with that, I wish you all, Good-night!

No comments:

Post a Comment