Wednesday, May 11, 2011

The Cake Lady can Kiss my

CAKE!  So, this Thursday marks Kristle and Tim's last days at the Gap, store #2316.  Together, they're embarking on a great journey to Boston.  To celebrate their time spent at our store, I thought originally to host a BBQ...but time being what it is, there just wasn't any that we could ALL pencil in.  So my next thought was to bring in food, pot luck style, but really, it would be expensive and the food would go bad before we ate it all....so it hit me - CAKE!  Who doesn't love cake?  Kristle had asked me to make cupcakes...and so I did. 

I created the coolest cakes for the occasion combining cake AND a BBQ.  Fried chicken, potato salad, veggie platter, and of course, ants on a log.


Lemon flavored Jell-O with frozen lemonade infused for "sparkle" and lemon rings.

Fried chicken cupcakes.  Lemon flavored cupcakes with a donut hole on top, frosted with vanilla frosting and topped with graham cracker crumbs and a white chocolate "bone".

Ants on a log....piped with black frosting on a log cake.  Chocolate pound cake smothered with whipped peanut butter frosting and rolled into the log.  Frosted with chocolate frosting.  Topped with meringue mushrooms.




Ambrosia disguised as potato salad. 


Vegetable platter: confetti cake covered with white fondant.  Green white chocolate lettuce leaves (yes, I made them), orange fondant baby carrots, red fondant cherry tomatoes with piped stems, white chocolate cucumber rings (I used a sand dollar candy mold), and airhead candy broccoli and cauliflower stems with fondant tops.

This was, by far, my personal best in the confectionery department.  I am working on a few more little projects but this one needed to be uploaded first.

3 comments:

  1. Carrie! This is awesome! You did a fantastic job!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That letuce is incredible! I assume you painted real leaves with white chocolate and then removed the chocolate? Fantastic!

    ReplyDelete